Click cover to buy the book!

2012 Readings & Workshops

March 21: Berkeley, 4:00-6:00 pm: Ashby Village reading and book talk, Jewish Family and Children's Services, Suse Moyal Center, 2484 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley

May 10: Oakland, 3:30-5:00 pm: "Conversations at AgeSong," The Terrace Room, 1800 Madison, Oakland


Monday, April 5, 2010

From Someone Who Knows

Readers have told me that the atmosphere of The Palisades, the nursing home where my book is set, is remarkably similar to where their relative or friend lives—right down to the people who share Cora’s table and the aides who mop the floors. Last week I got a note from a woman who actually lives there herself:

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your book. I currently live in a nursing home and the way you wrote it, it felt like you had been in my room with me! In fact, some of my aides were reading it and we took turns reading it together. I wish there were more books written like yours. Do you know of any? It sure helped passed the time away!”

No comments:

Post a Comment